Deliver Non-Perishable Food, Diapers, Checks, and Gift Cards to Wakeman Hall
By Thursday Noon for delivery
to the Food Pantry at Mercy Learning Center on Friday Morning!!
These are basic items that will help right now:
· bags of rice and bags of any type of dried beans, lentils, etc.
· tomato paste, tomato sauce, or diced tomatoes
· oatmeal, cream of wheat, corn meal,
· pasta, cooking oil, flour
· powdered or evaporated milk
· canned meats, canned fruit, canned vegetables
· toilet paper, bars of soap, other toiletries
· Diapers: sizes 4, 5, and especially 6
· Gift cards: Stop and Shop, Shop Rite, Walgreens, CVS
· Financial Donations: Mail to First Church, check payable to Mercy Learning Center.
Welcome the Stranger - First Church CIRI Refugee Donations
The Connecticut Institute for Refugees and Immigrants (CIRI) is receiving refugees for resettlment. We are collecting home supplies to help welcome our new neighbors as they arrive and settle into their homes.
The SignUp Genius can be accessed here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0E45A9AE2EA2FF2-ciri
Items can be dropped off or shipped to Julie Mughal, 196 Woods End Road, Fairfield, CT 06824 (most people use Amazon or Walmart sites if they are internet shopping for the goods.)
We are also in need of end tables. If you have any to donate, please contact me directly - Julie Mughal (email@example.com).
Thank you for your help; your donations are greatly appreciated!
We welcome you to be a part of our Annual Three Kings Bazaar at First Church Fairfield on December 2 and 3!. The town of Fairfield Tree Lighting will be held on Friday, Dec. 2 at 7PM.on the green across the street from the church. Our men’s group will be serving hot dogs on our front lawn. Hot chocolate and hot cider will be served just inside. We will have a bake sale, book fair, raffle, silent auction and tag sale. One of the elves said Santa is coming on Saturday so it’s a great opportunity for photos! There are plenty of opportunities to help!! ● Can you help in one of the vendor areas? The book sale, bake sale, silent auction, raffle and tag sale all need volunteers to help. ● We need donations of baked goods: cookies, bars, brownies, breads in smaller containers, cakes and pies. ● Do you have something special for the silent auction? Suggestions include tickets to a play, a boat ride or a weekend getaway. ● Maybe you would like to help with a luncheon on Saturday? We would like to add that to our offerings. ● Tag sale items can be donated and brought to the Wakeman Hall Stage starting November 21st. This year we ask that tag sale items be priced prior to donating. ● Books may be donated to the Eunoia Room as of November 21st. If you are new to First Church this is a great way to meet people and have fun!! For more information or to volunteer please contact Joy Nazarro firstname.lastname@example.org or Maria Ferrante email@example.com. The volunteer committee will meet soon. Thank you.
Fall Adult Faith Formation Series to begin October 24th at 7:30 PM - Virtually. (Zoom link will be posted in days to come)
The series, led by John Harmon, will cover the two great religions of "The People of the Book": Islam and Christianity. They are so similar yet so different. We'll examine why that is so and why the adherents of each misunderstand the other.
Here are the planned topics for each week:
- Session 1: Islam, its practices, beliefs and the life of Muhammad - Session 2: Islam from the death of Muhammad until the Muslim Brotherhood - Session 3. Jesus and the Early Christian Church - a Threat to the Empire. - Session 4: The Christian Church of the Middle Ages - The Arrival of Christendom
- Session 5: The Coming of the Reformation. The Church at War with itself.